This past August Richard and I got to go on vacation with my mom and dad and my brother, Stephen. We had a GREAT trip! It was so much fun! We went to our family favorite vacation spot: Outer Banks, North Carolina! My family has been going to the same house in the Outer Banks every year since Stephen was one! So we were beyond excited for another week at the beach! Unfortunately though, my other two siblings were not able to join us. We missed them!
So my parents left for the beach on Saturday but because of things we had going on, Stephen, Richard, and I didn't join them until Monday morning. We were originally planning on being down there (it's about a 5 hour drive from my parent's house) around 9 a.m. on Monday morning. But then we had the grand idea (Stephen, Richard, and I usually come up with some pretty crazy ideas...) to leave at 2 a.m.! So after eating some awesome chocolate chip pancakes and going to be around 11 p.m. we got up at 2 a.m. and headed out on the road! As usual, we had a very fun road trip together! The best parts were stopping at our favorite local fruit market (Powells Roadside Market!), listening to awesome music, and avoiding our parent's phone calls (we wanted to surprise them!). They were certainly surprised when we showed up a few hours earlier than planned (with donuts!). It was so fun!
We had a GREAT time at the beach. Here are some of the other vacation highlights:
* Lots of beach and water time! Richard, Stephen, and I had a great time playing in the water and waves!
* Stephen rented a surfboard and we had fun trying it! I wiped out every time. One day the water was really rocky but it actually ended up being perfect for surfing and Stephen was getting pretty good!
* Going to Johns for lunch and ice cream - a family tradition!
* walking to 7/11 and getting slurpees.
* playing lots of games! I especially loved playing Banana grams with my mom!
* GETTING APPROVED TO ADOPT!
* making s'mores on the grill!
* Stephen and I swam a MILE in the ocean and saw stingrays!
|Stephen is a great surfer!|
|Our favorite fruit stand stop! Can't not stop at Powells Roadside Market even if it is 6 a.m. in the morning! Please excuse my hair, I had been up since 2 in the morning!|
|Our favorite beach house|
|Richard/Stephen tradition: make foil hats and have a battle on the beach. It's so fun to watch them! My Mom and Dad and I laughed SO hard!|
|Stephen and I got up to see the sunrise. A family tradition!|
|The day we found out we were approved to adopt! So happy!|
|We played a lot of Banana grams! Love that game! Stephen played this one by himself and used all the letters!|